Have you ever watched a goalie and said to yourself, "Wow... That kid is unreal!" This is what I said to myself when I watched a young goaltender practice this week. He skated hard, was always square and tracked the puck like a pro. He constantly went after the puck, shot after shot, never taking one off!
It's nice to see that there is still hope for the dynamic read and react goalie. I am sick and tired of watching goalies who practice, play and only try on their terms. Nothing is worse than watching goalies who are lazy, so way to go kid! I admire your focus and technique.
10) It ruins your skates.
9) Your ability to slide is not even close to real ice.
8) It is really expensive.
7) You don't play on plastic ice, so why would you train on it.
6) If your your trainer doesn't have access to a rink and his answer is plastic ice... Red Flag!
5) The only thing you can do on it is stand there and take shots.
4) All goalies build muscle memory with their save selection training. Why would you train on something that could cause you to feel awkward when you really have to play.
3) Just like roller hockey, you have a better chance of rolling your ankle or getting hurt because you stick to the ground when you fall.
2) With all of the studio rinks being built in North America, you can find a better option in most hockey towns.
1) If pro and high level goalies don't train on it, there must be a reason.